Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in New Orleans? Generally, there are three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Even though your installation team can suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Entryway
Although it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to casually enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins occur at this passageway. There are also delivery bandits among other risks to consider. A doorbell camera is perfect to manage these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you have the ability to chat with people who walk up and engage the doorbell. With the help of your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can answer all engagements with 2-way talk and live video and look like you’re home. In the event a person does try to do something nefarious, you are able to have your camera instantly record a clip and send it to your smartphone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult undertaking. Luckily, there are a handful of tips to help ensure your property is well protected.
- The corners of your New Orleans residence allow for a better sightline, letting you see two parts of your property.
- Just below an overhang or straight into a bit of cladding or edging are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by your home.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing entryway for invaders than you’d think!
- Above a deck or rear door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to prune any brush and branches that may block your view.
Tips For Getting The Best Results From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in New Orleans. But the additional flexibility does mean there are other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should ensure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window may cast a glare on your video recording. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera located in an elevated area will have a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras above bookcases or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t be able to defend your property if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in a spot where children or pets aren’t able to interact with them. You could try mounting or other ways of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top security camera won’t do much good if there is a plant blocking the view. However, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (504) 291-4028 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.