How Will Geofencing In New Orleans Work With A Home Security System?
Modern home security solutions are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to fail to perform basic security chores like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these things in the future? With geofencing in New Orleans, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In New Orleans For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then tracks your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to communicate with one another. The technology aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the specified border.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in New Orleans. When you download the security app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that all act in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in New Orleans
Whether you’re looking for extra peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact one of our representatives today at (504) 291-4028 or send in the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.