What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In New Orleans
You know you must protect your home. After all, it’s the spot where your family lives and is where you have all of your belongings. But what kind of home protection is best? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary choices you need to make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in New Orleans and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a professional monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at a moment’s notice. Whenever a window sensor triggers or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring professionals receive a notification instantly. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you need to respond to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In New Orleans
Here’s a quick look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system at the ready is always wise. If you are not on site, sleeping, or don’t have your phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and flawless integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will get access to a fully connected system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Many people prefer to have work done by qualified experts, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In New Orleans
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Install yourself: Some may consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an added expense. Other residents might wish to use an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may install components whenever you wish - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you could find assembling into a seamless system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If an emergency takes place, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t receive a security alert? This scenario will generate additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require a helping hand during an installation, you may have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In New Orleans
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in New Orleans from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the ideal choice for you. Contact (504) 291-4028 today to speak with our security experts.