Helpful Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In New Orleans
Deterrence is a significant part of your home’s defense, and one of the leading ways to deter thieves is by using lights. A nicely illuminated exterior not only looks great, it’s also less likely to be invaded. If you want to improve your home’s security, review these helpful recommendations for home security lighting in New Orleans. We have a few ideas for outside and inside illumination that will help your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Landscape Lighting
The proper outside lighting and well-placed outdoor cameras will work wonders in keeping intruders off your property. Try these New Orleans exterior lighting suggestions.
- Be sure access points are covered: Your front door and rear entrance remain as the most likely places for break-ins. Ensure those access points are well-illuminated but don’t neglect your garage. While powerful motion-sensing floodlights are a preferred solution for this location, it’s not the only possibility. As an alternative to blinding your neighbors every time a critter runs by, think about using less offensive lights that stay lit all night. Make no mistake, bright, motion-detecting floodlights may scare off unwanted guests, but having a properly positioned light that remains on is more likely to keep them away from your property altogether.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those beautiful lights next to your paver walkway do more than help you see in the dark. They also allow you to see parts of your yard you might not otherwise be able to from indoors.
- Add allure and security with accents: Not only for added appeal, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on locations that may otherwise be used as hiding spots. You can place accents in mulch beds outside first-story windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or next to shrubbery and trees. These options offer a dazzling effect while elevating your protection.
- Brighten the outer border: A layered approach to lighting should also consider the periphery of your yard. Shining light your fence, gates, and outer edges of your property will help deter burglars.
How To Boost Safety With Interior Lighting in New Orleans
Home security lighting in New Orleans incorporates more than just outdoor illumination. Your inside lights are critical in enhancing security too. Smart bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s protection are valuable for various reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Put your lights on a schedule and give the impression the house is inhabited. This is an effective deterrent and a sensible plan whenever you’re gone.
- Access from wherever you are: If you leave on a trip but forget to put lights on a schedule, you can still activate them through your handy smartphone app.
- Linking to other security elements: If the motion detector on your exterior camera trips, you could have your inside foyer light switch on automatically. This action is another method to deter burglars.
Deter Burglars Even More With A Home Defense Package In New Orleans From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your strategically illuminated property with the ultimate in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in New Orleans permit you to access, control, and automate all types of smart devices, including your lights. Contact (504) 291-4028 today to start customizing a package for your property.